Zucchini Chocolate Chip Quick Bread is a moist bread full of chocolate chips. Quick breads make good breakfast treats, snacks or served as part of a brunch. They can be served as a dessert, too.
I store quick breads in the refrigerator wrapped in wax paper then foil. Quick breads freeze well, too.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, I baked a lot of different quick breads. One loaf of quick bread will give Jeff and me breakfast for five days. It isn't a usual breakfast for us, more of a treat.
I use Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels in this bread. I always have chocolate morsels stored in my freezer so they are readily available when I want to bake something with chocolate chips.
A former colleague of mine gave me this recipe and several other quick bread recipes, such as the Chocolate Nut and Date Bread.
If you like Zucchini Bread, you should take a look at my mother's Zucchini Bread recipe. It is one of the most moist quick breads I have ever had.
I hope you enjoy the Zucchini Chocolate Chip Quick Bread!
Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the zucchini, vegetable oil, yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate container, whisk together the flour, sugar, chocolate chips, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Fold the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 55-65 minutes or until a pick inserted inside comes out clean.
- Let cool in loaf pan for about an hour.
- Remove from the loaf pan and cool completely on a wire rack before serving.