My Mom made this Zucchini Bread recipe several times over the years. It was one of my Mom's favorite quick breads. It is a very moist, flavorful quick bread. The pineapple adds a light tropical taste.
It makes a nice breakfast treat, dessert or snack. I like it with a cup of hot tea. Zucchini bread freezes well, too. The recipe makes two loaves, so you can share a loaf or freeze a loaf, or just freeze some slices. It is a nice treat for a brown bag lunch, too.
My Mom has made this recipe in both a regular size muffin tin as well as a mini muffin tin. This recipe makes good muffins or mini-muffins. You'll have to adjust baking time, though.
This bread is dairy-free, too!
I hope you enjoy the Zucchini Bread!
Zucchini Bread, Moist and Flavorful
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 8 1/2 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teasoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins or dates Raisins or dates are optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the oil, sugar and vanilla. Beat until foamy.
- Add the zucchini and crushed pineapple. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and chopped nuts. If desired, add raisins or dates. Stir to combine. Make sure dry ingredients are dissolved.
- Pour the batter into two greased 9x5 loaf pans.
- Bake 350F for 50-60 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in loaf pan.
- Remove from the loaf pan and serve.
Last updated on August 15th, 2019