Vanilla Quick Bread is a moist quick bread full of vanilla flavor. The bread reminds me of the flavors you would get from a vanilla cake but not as sweet.
If you prefer a sweeter quick bread, the recipe includes a powdered sugar glaze. I don't use the glaze because Jeff and I prefer a less sweet quick bread.
This bread is good served for breakfast, as a snack, a dessert of served as part of a brunch. I store it in the refrigerator wrapper in wax paper then foil. The bread will freeze well, too.
A former colleague gave me this recipe as well as several other quick bread recipes, such as Zucchini-Chocolate Chip. We have enjoyed all of the recipes that I've made.
This bread uses all-purpose flour. I use King Arthur brand unbleached all-purpose flour. King Arthur is a brand that I trust.
I hope you enjoy the Vanilla Quick Bread!
Vanilla Quick Bread
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing well each time.
- Add the vanilla and milk then beat until well blended.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients. Beat well after each addition.
- Pour the batter in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Place loaf pan in a preheated oven. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool one hour in the pan.
- Remove the bread to a wire rack and cool completely before serving.
- If you want a glaze on your bread, mix the powdered sugar and water until smooth. Drizzle over the bread once it is removed from the loaf pan.