Sweet Potato Pecan Quick Bread is mildly sweet with a hint of pumpkin spice. The bread is moist with pecans throughout. It is good served as a snack, a breakfast treat, as part of a brunch or a dessert.
I store quick bread in the refrigerator wrapped in wax paper then in foil. The bread will freeze well, too.
A former colleague gave me this quick bread recipe and several other quick bread recipes, such as Spiced Apple Walnut Quick Bread.
I wasn't able to find sweet potato puree, so I bought a can of sweet potatoes and mashed them myself. One 15-ounce can of sweet potatoes mashed into the one cup of mashed sweet potatoes needed for this recipe. You can substitute yams for sweet potatoes, if you have trouble finding sweet potatoes.
I hope you enjoy the Sweet Potato Pecan Quick Bread!
Sweet Potato-Pecan Quick Bread
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the mashed sweet potato, vegetable oil, light brown sugar, water, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, pecans and orange zest.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about an hour on a wire rack then remove from the pan and cool completely before serving.