Spinach and Cauliflower Rice is a quick and easy side dish to make. It's a light side and goes well with many dishes.
In my quest to find side dishes that both Jeff and I like, I came up with this dish. We usually like different sides, so I make sides for Jeff and sides for me.
Jeff likes spinach. I can eat spinach if it is part of another dish. I like cauliflower. Jeff only likes cauliflower rice and only if it is hidden in seasonings. So, I thought I would mix the two and add some flavor hoping I'd end up with something that would make us both happy! It worked!
Garlic is one of my "go to" flavors, so, of course I had to add garlic to this dish. Butter and chicken stock both add flavor, so I included them as well.
I use frozen cauliflower rice and frozen chopped spinach. Before adding the cauliflower rice to this dish, I prepared it according to package directions. I use the spinach frozen because spinach warms up and wilts so quickly. If you prefer, you can use fresh cauliflower rice and fresh spinach.
I hope you enjoy Spinach and Cauliflower Rice!
Spinach and Cauliflower Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 ounces cauliflower rice I use Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made Rice Cauliflower, Original. You can make your own, if you prefer.
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chicken stock You can use vegetable or beef stock.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounces chopped spinach or baby spinach I use frozen chopped spinach. You can use fresh spinach, if you prefer. You can use more or less spinach depending on your taste.
- If you are using frozen cauliflower rice, prepare it according to package directions then set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower rice, salt and pepper then stir to combine.
- Pour in the chicken stock and lemon juice then stir to combine.
- Stir in the spinach and continue to cook until the spinach wilts.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.