Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes are mildly sweet with a tender inside and a crispy outside. They are a satisfying side dish to serve at Thanksgiving or any meal.
Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes are an easy side dish to make. First, wash, peel then dice the sweet potatoes. Next, coat the sweet potatoes with olive oil, pure maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Then, roast the sweet potatoes in the oven until the potatoes are tender inside and crispy on the outside.
I found this recipe on the Together as a Family site. I didn't alter the original recipe. I like it just the way it is!
If you like to roast potatoes, check out the Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe. The Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe uses white potatoes instead of sweet potatoes.
I hope you enjoy the Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes!
Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup not pancake syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Wash, peel and dice the sweet potatoes into about one-inch cubes.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Pour the olive oil and pure maple syrup over the potatoes. Stir to coat the potatoes well.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the potatoes and stir to coat the potatoes.
- Pour the potatoes on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the prepared oven and bake 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender inside and slightly crispy on the outside. Stir the potatoes about halfway through the cooking time.