Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are moist, flavorful cakes of deliciousness! Their flavor is reminiscent of autumn. The rich pumpkin flavor with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice make these cupcakes a nice addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table.
This recipe is dairy-free. If you aren't concerned with being dairy-free, you can substitute butter for the vegan butter and buttermilk for the almondmilk and vinegar.
These cupcakes are good with or without icing. In order to keep the cupcakes dairy-free, I used a Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting Substitute. When my husband eats the cupcakes without icing, he calls them muffins.
I hope you enjoy the Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin, solid packed
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup Almondmilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting Substitute See my recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put cupcake liners in three muffin tins.
- Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger. Set aside.
- Cream the vegan butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the pumpkin to the egg mixture.
- In a separate container, add the vinegar to the almondmilk.
- Add the flour mixture, alternating with the almondmilk/vinegar, to the pumpkin mixture. Beat well after each addition.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake the cupcakes 20-25 minutes of until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool about 10-minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the muffin tins.
- Cool completely on wire racks before frosting.
- Frost with my Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting Substitute.