Pumpkin Granola Bread is a flavorful quick bread that is more dense than most other quick breads I have made. It uses a combination of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour plus granola. It is a hearty, filling bread.
This bread has flavors reminiscent of autumn. My favorite flavors! The recipe includes pumpkin pie spice as well as a large can of Pumpkin Pie Mix. Yum!
I found this recipe on the Nestle site. The original recipe calls for granola with raisins. I keep granola with strawberries on hand, so I use it when making this bread. I like using the granola with strawberries in Peanut Butter and Granola Roll Ups.
I also substituted two whole jumbo eggs for the one-half cup of egg substitute.
This recipe makes two loaves of bread, or 24 muffins. In this case, I prefer bread over muffins. This recipe makes two loaves. We eat one loaf of the bread right away. I store that loaf in the refrigerator, wrapped in wax paper then foil.
The other loaf goes in the freezer, also wrapped in wax paper then foil. I write on the foil what type of bread it is and the date that it was baked.
I hope you enjoy the Pumpkin Granola Bread!
Pumpkin Granola Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granola I use granola with strawberries or raisins.
- 30 ounces Pumpkin pie mix
- 2 jumbo eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds or flax seeds, or 1/2 cup crushed granola
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spray two 9x5 loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the granola.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin pie mix, eggs and oil.
- Combine the flour mixture and the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- Pour into two prepared loaf pans.
- Sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the loaves from the pans and cool completely before serving.