Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is a moist bread that is full of pumpkin flavor and chocolate chips. There is a hint of cinnamon, too. This bread is perfect for any fall festivities, such as Halloween or Thanksgiving. It's sure to be a hit!
I found this recipe on the Taste of Home site. I've made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins but wanted to try a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. I found this recipe and thought I'd give it a try. The recipe calls for large eggs, I use jumbo eggs. I also substituted bittersweet chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips called for in the recipe. Semi-sweet chocolate chips will make the bread a little sweeter.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is an easy quick bread to make. First, you mix the dry ingredients. Next, you blend the wet ingredients. Then, you mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into loaf pans and bake.
This recipe makes two loaves so there is plenty to share. Or, you can freeze a loaf for later.
I hope you enjoy the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 jumbo eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips I use bittersweet chips. Semi-sweet will add sweetness.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray two 8x4 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until blended.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the loaf pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks before serving.