Pumpkin Chiffon Pie is a smooth and creamy no bake pie. The filling is cooked on the stove top instead of baked in the oven.
This pie has a graham cracker crust. Graham cracker crumbs are combined with granulated sugar, cinnamon and melted butter then they are pressed into a 9-inch pie shell. The pie shell is refrigerated until the filling is ready. If you prefer, you can use a pre-made graham cracker pie crust.
Making the filling starts with cooking the Pumpkin Pie Mix, brown sugar, unflavored gelatin and an egg on the stove top until the mixture begins to boil. I check the temperature to make sure it is 160F so that the egg is cooked fully. Constantly stir the mixture while it is cooking so that it does not burn.
Pour the mixture into a heat safe bowl, cover and refrigerate for about 45 minutes, or until the mixture starts to set. Whip the heaving whipping cream then fold the whip cream and vanilla into the pumpkin mixture. Pour the mixture into the chilled pie crust, then refrigerate for three hours or until the pie is set. Store pie in the refrigerator.
I usually have more filling than what will fit in my pie crust. The filling is cooked, so it is safe to eat. The extra filling is a no crust Pumpkin Chiffon Pie for us. 😉
I found this recipe on the Nestle site. It looked simple and tasty, so I thought I'd give it a try. Jeff and I are pleased with it. If you prefer a baked pumpkin pie, check out my recipe for a Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie. It also has a graham cracker crust.
I hope you enjoy the Pumpkin Chiffon Pie!
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted or margarine
- 30 ounces Pumpkin Pie Mix I use Libby's brand.
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make Graham Cracker Crust
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Press onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Refrigerate while you are making the filling.
- Lightly beat the egg in a medium saucepan.
- Add the pumpkin pie mix, brown sugar and gelatin to the saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a large heat proof bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 45 minutes or until the filling starts to set.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream.
- Fold the whipped cream and vanilla into the pumpkin mixture.
Fill the pie crust and chill
- Pour the filling into the chilled pie crust.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until firm.