Pineapple Fluff is a light and refreshing dessert. It is sweet, but not too sweet. The flavors of pineapple and coconut blend well with the pudding, whipped topping and walnuts. The walnuts add a little crunch to this palate pleasing dish.
This dish is good served year-round. It's great for potlucks and picnics, too! Pineapple Fluff is pleasing to all ages.
Pineapple Fluff is quick and easy to make but does need a few hours to set. It is a good dish to make the day before you need it. It frees up time on the day of your event.
This dish does call for mini-marshmallows, but I usually omit the marshmallows because I am not a fan of having them in this dish. I did leave the marshmallows listed in the recipe for those of you that do want to use them.
Using Coconut Cream Pudding is my preference, but I have used Vanilla and French Vanilla puddings. They all work equally as well.
This recipe can be altered to use your favorite fruit and pudding flavors. Using mandarin oranges instead of crushed pineapple is a nice option.
I have made this dish several times and it is a big hit every time!
I hope you enjoy the Pineapple Fluff!
- 3.4 ounces Coconut Cream or vanilla pudding 3.4 ounces is a small box of pudding
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple Do not drain.
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows Optional
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut Optional
- Mix the pudding and crushed pineapple in large bowl.
- Add the thawed Cool Whip and nuts. If you are adding marshmallows and/or coconut, add them at this step.
- Stir until combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
Last updated on August 15th, 2019