Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread is a moist dessert or snack. It makes a yummy breakfast treat served with a nice hot cup of tea of coffee. So good! This quick bread sure didn't last too long at my house!
This quick bread is one of the most moist quick breads that I have ever eaten. I think it might even be more moist than my Mom's Zucchini Bread. I have always thought that my Mom's Zucchini Bread is the most moist quick bread, but this Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread might have it beat on being the most moist quick bread!
Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread is full of shredded coconut and crushed pineapple. The crushed pineapple adds lots of moisture and flavor. When eating the bread, I didn't notice the pieces of crushed pineapple too much. The cream cheese in the quick bread also adds lots of moisture and creaminess to the quick bread. The coconut throughout the bread and sprinkled on top of the bread bring a rich flavor.
This bread smells so good when mixing up the batter and baking. It reminds me of a Pina Colada. I love those tropical scents and flavors! So light and refreshing. Because of the tropical flavors, I think this bread is good served in the spring or summer. This bread is good served all year long, but the flavor profile lends itself to a spring or summer treat.
I ran across the Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread recipe on the Dixie Crystals site. It looked so good, so I made it. I altered the recipe slightly so that it is dairy-free. I replaced the butter with vegan butter and the cream cheese with Daiya Cream Cheese Style Spread. If you aren't concerned with making a dairy-free quick bread, you can use butter and cream cheese.
Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread is a nice treat to take as a hostess gift, serve at a party or take to a pot luck as a dessert.
I hope you enjoy Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread!
Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or butter
- 4 ounces Daiya Cream Cheese Style Spread or cream cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the vegan butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and coconut extract to the vegan butter mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the vegan butter mixture. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple, with the juice.
- Fold in one cup of the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the loaf with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
- Using foil, tent the loaf pan so that the coconut sprinkled on top does not burn during baking.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from the loaf pan.
- Slice and serve.