Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies are a peanut butter lovers dream. Peanut butter cookies stuffed with creamy peanut butter. Yum! What else can I say?! 🙂
I found this recipe on the Delish site. My favorite cookies are peanut butter cookies. The recipe I usually make comes from my parents' home town. But, peanut butter cookies stuffed with creamy peanut butter sounded divine! I might have a new favorite peanut butter cookie recipe!
The center of these cookies is a blend of creamy peanut butter and powdered sugar. Make the centers by scooping small balls onto a foil-lined baking sheet then freezing them for about an hour before making the cookie dough. I use a 2-teaspoon sized cookie scoop to form the centers but you can use a rounded teaspoon, if you prefer.
I use 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet, but, you can use a tablespoon, if you prefer. You can lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray instead of using a silicone mat. The cookie dough balls should be about two-inches apart of the baking sheet.
After the cookie dough is all scooped onto the baking sheets, flatten the cookie dough like a pancake. I used my hand to gently press the cookie dough ball flat. Then, pick up one of the flat cookie dough pieces and place a frozen peanut butter ball in the center. Carefully wrap the cookie dough around the frozen peanut butter ball so that it is completely covered.
Then, gently roll the ball in your hands to smooth the surface. Coat the cookie ball in granulated sugar then place it back on the cookie sheet, about two-inches apart. Repeat for the rest of the cookie dough and frozen peanut butter balls. The peanut butter balls thaw quickly, so you might want to only remove enough centers from the freezer for one baking sheet at a time.
Bake the cookies until the bottoms are golden brown. Serve the cookies warm or at room temperature. The centers will be warm and ooey-gooey when the cookies are served right out of the oven.
The original recipe states it makes 12 cookies. I made my cookies a little smaller, so I got 18 cookies. The cookies are very rich, so I think the smaller sized cookie works well.
I hope you enjoy the Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies!
Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar I use light brown sugar.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar To coat the cookies before baking.
- Mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Scoop into small balls onto a foil lined baking sheet. I use a 2-teaspoon cookie scoop.
- Freeze for at least 30-minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line three cookie sheets with silicone mats or lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set side.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. I use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Flatten the ball into a pancake-like circle then place one of the frozen peanut butter balls in the center.
- Bring the edges of the cookie dough around the frozen peanut butter ball and seal the edges so that the peanut butter ball is completely enclosed. I gently roll the ball in my hands to smooth the edges.
- Roll the ball in granulated sugar then place on the baking sheet about two-inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the bottom.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.