Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls are a quick and easy snack to make. They are a crunchy peanut butter snack with a hint of chocolate. One Peanut Butter Pretzel Ball will satisfy a snack craving and give me a little energy boost.
I found this recipe on the Healthy Seasonal Recipes site. I substituted mini-chocolate chips for the raisins or cranberries from the original recipe because my husband doesn't like raisins and I don't like cranberries. We all know that chocolate goes well with peanut butter!
Because the Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls are small, crush the pretzels so they are no larger than a corn kernel. I placed pretzel sticks in a zip close bag then used a rolling pin to crush the pretzels. I left most of the pretzel pieces small because I wanted a bit of a crunch. If you crush all of the pretzels to a powder, you won't have the crunch.
Forming the balls may take a little bit of squeezing. There isn't a lot of soft or liquid ingredients compared to the dry ingredients, so it might take a little effort to get everything to blend together as well as to form the mixture into peanut butter balls. Be patient, the ingredients will work into balls.
Another Peanut Butter Balls recipe that I like is an old family favorite that we usually make around holidays. They are a sweeter peanut butter ball made with Rice Krispies instead of pretzels. The old family favorite Peanut Butter Balls recipe is a dessert as opposed to the Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls which are more of a snack-bite to boost your energy.
I hope you enjoy the Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls
- 2 cups pretzels (about 3-ounces)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used creamy but chunky would be good, too.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips You can use cranberries or raisins, if you prefer.
- Place the pretzels in a zipper close bag then crush them using a rolling pin or a heavy-bottomed skillet. The crushed pieces should be no larger than a kernel of corn. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the peanut butter, honey and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the pretzel pieces and mini-chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, squeezing as you shape the balls.
- Store in an airtight container.