Peanut Butter Dog Treats are an easy dog biscuit that you can make for your furry friend. Any dog that I have made these treats for has gobbled them up.
I suppose this post is a bit unusual for me because it is not a recipe that I made for Jeff or me. We are fostering a pretty little pittie and I made these dog treats for her. She's a member of the household, so I'm including this recipe on my blog.
Over the years, I have made most of the dog treats that I have given to my dogs. This peanut butter dog treats recipe is a new one that I have been making. I found this recipe on the Damn Delicious site. The original recipe called for three cups of flour. I have found that I need just two cups of flour when I make these biscuits, so I altered my version of the recipe to reflect just two cups of flour.
I have dog bone shaped cookie cutters that I use when making dog treats. You can use any cookie cutter that you prefer, or use a pizza cutter or knife to cut square or rectangle shaped treats.
If you are looking for a peanut butter treat for yourself, check out my Peanut Butter Cookies recipe. It makes a crunchy cookie, similar to the the crunchy treats you may be making for your pup!
I hope your furry friends like the Peanut Butter Dog Treats!
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, or more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line baking sheets with silicone mats or lightly spray the baking sheets with cooking oil.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs until well combined.
- Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Lightly flour your working surface then knead the dough 3-4 times.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out the desired shapes then place onto the baking sheets.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before sharing with your furry friend.