Pasta and Imitation Crab Casserole is a cheese topped casserole with vegetables, imitation crab meat and pasta. I used tri-color pasta when making the dish for this post but you can use your favorite pasta.
This casserole is customizable to your particular tastes. I put carrots and broccoli in this casserole, but you could use other vegetables. You could substitute real crab, chicken or turkey for the imitation crab meat, too. And, of course, you could use your favorite cheese. We like using Mexican Cheese Blend.
I like dishes like this one because they can be altered to use the ingredients that you prefer or have on hand.
The casserole fills an 8x8 casserole dish, so it makes enough for about four people. The dish can easily be doubled if you want a larger casserole. It warms up well as leftovers, too.
If you like imitation crab pasta dishes, check out Seafood Lasagna. It layers imitation crab and shrimp between lasagna noodles.
I hope you enjoy the Pasta and Imitation Crab Casserole.
Pasta Imitation Crab Casserole
- 4 ounces pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound imitation crab, cubed or shredded
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese Blend
- Preheat the over to 350F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 casserole dish. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta about two-minutes less than what that package instructs.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-heat.
- Add the onions, broccoli, carrots and garlic. Stir occasionally.
- When the pasta is done, drain it then add it to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add the crab, yogurt, basil and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the casserole dish.
- Evenly top with the shredded cheese.
- Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 20-minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Serve hot.