Parmesan Crusted Flounder is a quick and easy dish to make. The Parmesan Cheese and spices give the flounder lots of flavor.
When making this dish, first start by seasoning both sides of the flounder with salt and pepper. Next, spread mayonnaise on top of the flounder then sprinkle a mixture of Parmesan Cheese and spices over the mayonnaise. Bake the dish then serve with your favorite side dishes.
Parmesan Cheese, otherwise known as Parmigiano-Reggiano, is one of my favorite cheeses. I like it sprinkled on pizza, pasta dishes, chicken, fish and popcorn.
If you like flounder, check out Seasoned Flounder with Creamy Lemon Sauce. It is a sauteed flounder dish with a sauce to accompany it.
I hope you enjoy the Parmesan Crusted Flounder!
Parmesan Crusted Flounder
- 12 ounces flounder filets, skinless and deboned Usually 2-4 filets.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoning, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season both sides of the flounder filets with salt and pepper.
- Lay the flounder filets in the baking dish.
- Spread the mayonnaise over the top of the flounder filets.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese mixture over the filets.
- Bake in a prepared oven for 15-minutes, or until the filets flake easily.