Oven Roasted Green Beans are my favorite way to enjoy green beans. They are easy to prepare and don't take too long to bake in the oven. The beans are tender-crisp with a garlic flavor. Tender-crisp means that the beans are easy to cut or bite through, but are still firm. I'm salivating just writing this blog post - that's how much I love green beans prepared this way!
When I was a child and most of my adult life, green beans were prepared by cooking them in a pot on the stove with some bacon. The beans would be a little mushy. They were never my favorite vegetable to eat. Several years ago, I discovered oven roasted green beans. I was in heaven! I can eat just a big bowl of oven roasted green beans as my meal!
My family prefers the stove top cooking method. So, for some family meals, especially if I was the cook, we would have green beans fixed both ways!
I hope you enjoy!
Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 1/2 pound green beans, raw
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Wash beans and pat them dry. If they are fresh picked, make sure to break off the stems.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay the green beans on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Lightly spray the green beans with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the spices over the green beans. You can sprinkle the spices one at a time, or mix the spices and sprinkle them as a spice blend.
- Bake the green beans for about 10 minutes, then give them a shake and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve while they are hot.