No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars are a quick and easy treat to make. Crushed pretzels are mixed with melted butter, powdered sugar and peanut butter then pressed into a baking dish. Next, melted chocolate is blended with peanut butter then spread over the top of the crushed pretzel mixture. After the bars chill in the refrigerator for about an hour, slice them and dig in!
I crushed pretzel rods by placing them in a zipper close bag then rolling over the bag with a marble rolling pin. You could use a meat mallet or pulse them in a food processor to break the pretzels into smaller pieces. I used milk chocolate for the top layer, but you could use semi-sweet or your preferred type of chocolate.
I had some pretzels that I wanted to do something creative with so I did some searching and found this recipe on the Crazy for Crust site. This recipe looked good, so I thought I'd give it a try. The flavor reminds me a little of a peanut butter cup, buckeye or peanut butter ball.
I hope you enjoy the No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzels Bars!
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed I use pretzel rods.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips I use milk chocolate chips but semi-sweet would be good, too.
- Lightly spray a 9"x13" baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, pretzels, powdered sugar and 1 cup of the peanut butter.
- Press firmly into the bottom of the 9"x13" baking pan.
- Place the chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30-second increments, stirring between each iteration, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the pretzel mixture and gently spread with a spatula to evenly coat the pretzel mixture.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Slice into bars.
- These bars can be stored in the refrigerator or on your counter, if your house is cool enough so that the chocolate does not soften or melt.