Marinated mozzarella Cubes are great to serve as an appetizer at any event. They are easy and are best when made a day or several days ahead of your event. The more time the mozzarella has to marinate, the more flavorful they will get.
They are easy to make. Simply cut a block of mozzarella cheese into 1-inch cubes. Put the cheese and roasted red pepper in a container large enough to hold all of the cheese. The container should have a lid that can be sealed. I like to use a quart jar. Once the cheese and peppers are in the container, add the spices and olive oil. Seal the jar then give it a shake to mix the ingredients. Put the container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. So simple!
Marinated Mozzarella Cubes are good by themselves or served with your favorite crackers. Leftovers are good as snacks, with your lunch or for your guests to take home.
Marinated Mozzarella Cubes are an easy appetizer to take to a party, too. They keep well, so you can make a batch or two and keep on hand for any surprise guests.
I hope you enjoy the Marinated Mozzarella Cubes!
Marinated Mozzarella Cubes
- 1 pound mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 ounces roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2-2 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a quart jar with a tight fitting lid, put about 1/2 of the cheese then the red peppers then the rest of the cheese.
- Add the thyme, minced garlic, rosemary and pepper.
- Add enough olive oil to fill the jar, leaving about 3/4 of an inch head room.
- Seal the jar.
- Turn the jar over a few times to mix the spices and oil.
- Refrigerate at least overnight, turning several times.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or bread.
Last updated on August 15th, 2019