Imitation Crab Salad is good served as a sandwich, an appetizer or a snack. It is light and you might not be able to stop eating it until it is all gone! Serve it on your favorite bread, crackers or bruschetta toast. The flavors are mild, so choose a cracker or other medium that also has a mild flavor so that it does not overpower the flavors of the Imitation Crab Salad.
As the title suggests, this salad is made with imitation crab meat. Imitation Crab is made with some real crab but the main ingredient is Wild Alaska Pollack. It is a less expensive alternative to real crab. Imitation Crab stays firm when used in recipes.
Seafood Lasagna is another recipe that uses Imitation Crab. It is a lighter version of traditional beef lasagna. It is made with imitation crab, shrimp, spinach and Swiss cheese in a white sauce.
I hope you enjoy the Imitation Crab Salad!
Imitation Crab Salad
- 1 pound imitation crab
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dillweed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop the imitation crab into bite size or smaller pieces then place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Dice the onion then add to the imitation crab.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the imitation crab and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve as a sandwich or an appetizer on crackers or bruschetta toasts.