Hot Artichoke Dip is a quick and easy, cheesy dip that is best served hot and pairs well Frito's Corn Chips. When I serve this appetizer, I serve it in a Crock-Pot Little Dipper. It's a handy little electric warming pot made for serving hot dips.
When making this appetizer, make sure that you drain the artichokes as much as possible. I dump them from the can into a colander, then I gently squeeze each artichoke heart individually to try to remove as much liquid as possible.
Artichoke leaves can be tough. So, when I slice the artichokes, I first slice them horizontally. The tough leaves will become evident when slicing horizontally. I remove any tough leaves and slice the artichokes into small pieces.
This dip can be made a day ahead of your event and refrigerated. This gives the flavors a chance to blend. Then, reheat in either a Crock-Pot Little Dipper, a saucepan or microwave.
We prefer to serve the dip with Fritos Corn Chips. The Corn Chips compliment the artichoke dip.
I hope you enjoy!
Hot Artichoke Dip
- 28 ounces artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise I prefer the Duke's brand.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain artichoke hearts very well, squeezing out the juice.
- Chop the artichokes into small pieces. Remove any tough leaves. I slice the artichoke hearts horizontally first so that the touch leaves stand out.
- Put the mayonnaise in a saucepan and warm over medium heat. Be careful not to scorch.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the artichoke hearts and stir until warm.
- The dip is best served hot. We prefer serving with Fritos.