Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots are a quick and easy side dish. The honey balsamic glaze gives the carrots a mildly sweet and slightly tangy taste.
Lately, I've been into using balsamic vinegar. So, I keep my eye out for recipes with balsamic vinegar. I found this recipe on the Cookie Rookie site.
The original recipe calls for baby carrots. I had whole carrots on hand, so I cut the carrots into about 1/2-inch pieces and kept the cooking time at 40-minutes. If you use whole carrots that you sliced into pieces smaller or bigger than 1/2-inch, you should adjust your cooking time.
Another carrot recipe that you might like is Glazed Carrots. It is another quick and easy side dish. The glaze is a mildly sweet.
I hope you enjoy the Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots!
Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots You can slice carrots or use baby carrots.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lightly spray a medium baking dish with cooking spray.
- If you are using whole carrots, wash, peel and cut them into about 1/2-inch pieces. If you are using baby carrots, wash them and pat them dry. Set aside.
- In a medium/large bowl, whisk the honey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper until blended.
- Add the carrots to the honey mixture and toss to coat.
- Place the carrots in the baking dish.
- Pour any remaining sauce over the carrots.
- Bake the carrots for about 40-minutes, or until they are tender and caramelized. Stir once or twice during the baking time.
- Garnish with more honey and/or parsley, if desired.