Garlic-Herb Chicken is moist and has a sweet, garlic flavor with a little bit of heat. This is a good dish to serve to guests, especially those that love the flavor of garlic.
Jeff doesn't like foods that are too spicy, so I didn't put much heat in this recipe. If you like foods that have a little heat, you can increase the cayenne or add your favorite kind of pepper.
This dish is quick and easy dish to prepare. The chicken only marinates for 30 minutes.
Because of the little bit of heat, I pair it with side dishes that cool the heat, such as mashed potatoes and carrots.
The recipe calls for baking but would be good on the grill, too.
I hope you enjoy the Garlic-Herb Chicken!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- In a bowl large enough to marinate the chicken, put the olive oil, sugar, garlic, basil, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, oregano, parsley and sage. Still to combine.
- Add the chicken. Cover and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Put the chicken in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop some of the garlic and other spices and put on top of the chicken. Be careful not to get too much of the oil.
- Discard the rest of the marinade.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated 350F oven for 35-45 minutes or until done.