Frozen Pineapple Salad is a light and refreshing make ahead salad. It is quick and easy to make, too. Blend cream cheese, orange juice, powdered sugar, crushed pineapple and nuts then spread in a freezer safe pan then freeze until firm.
This salad can double as a light and refreshing dessert as well. This dish can be made with cream cheese or a dairy-free cream cheese substitute, such as Daiya Cream Cheeze Style Spread. I have used Daiya Cream Cheeze Style Spread as a cream cheese substitute in many dishes. We don't notice any taste difference.
Another light and refreshing salad is an Apple Grape Salad. Both salads are good to serve guests. The Frozen Pineapple Salad is less work because it doesn't require you to chop fruit or vegetables.
This recipe was one of the recipes that my Aunt Jane asked her daughter, Debbie, to mail to me. It is from Aunt Jane's recipe book. Her recipes are handwritten on 8 1/2 x 11 pages. Aunt Jane freely shared her recipes.
I hope you enjoy the Frozen Pineapple Salad!
Frozen Pineapple Salad
- 8 ounces cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup orange juice I use no pulp orange juice.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts I used pecans.
- Blend the cream cheese and orange juice until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in the pineapple and nuts.
- Spread in a 10x6x2 pan.
- Freeze until firm.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.