Death by Chocolate Cookies are a very rich cookie that is sure to please chocolate lovers. These rich and decadent cookies are chocolate cookies with two types of chocolate chips inside then dipped in a Chocolate Ganache and garnished with sea salt. Is that enough chocolate for you? Oh Yeah. Yum!
I prefer these cookies with the Chocolate Ganache and the sea salt garnish, but they are good plain. They are also good with the Chocolate Ganache but without the salt.
Jeff must have a glass of milk when he has a rich dessert. He definitely requires a glass of milk with these cookies!
I found this recipe on the Delish site. They looked so good, I just had to try them! They are now one of my favorite chocolate cookies.
The original recipe calls for both semisweet and dark chocolate chips. I use Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips for the dark chocolate chips and Nestle Tollhouse Semisweet Chocolate Chips for the semisweet chips. Nestle does have dark chocolate chips, so, you can use those chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips.
When my Dad was still with us, I made him cookies for Father's Day, his birthday and most other gift giving occasions. He had quite the sweet tooth. I made enough cookies so that there was plenty to freeze so that he had cookies when he wanted them. Mom didn't like to bake cookies, so it was a win for her, too. 😉 Too bad I didn't have this recipe when Dad was still with us. He would have loved them!
If you like a rich, chocolate cake, check out the Perfect Chocolate Cake. It was my birthday cake for many years. If you are more of a brownie person, check out the Triple Chocolate Vegan Brownies. They are another rich, chocolatey dessert.
I hope you enjoy the Death by Chocolate Cookies!
Death by Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips Or dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons flaky sea salt Use more or less salt depending on how much garnish you want.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line baking sheets with silicone mats, parchment paper or lightly spray with cookie spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixture, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the semisweet and bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop the cookie batter onto cookie sheets, placing the cookies about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the centers are set.
- Let the cookies cool for about 5-minutes on the baking sheet then place on cooling racks to cool completely.
- Line baking sheets with wax paper. Set aside.
- Place ths flaky sea salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the semisweet chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat then bring to a gentle boil.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips, stir, then let rest for about 5-minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip the cookies about halfway into the ganache then place on the wax paper baking sheets.
- Sprinkle cookies with salt. I use my fingers to pinch a small amount of salt then sprinkle it over the ganache.
- Let the ganache harden before serving.