Salmon Spread is a dairy-free, smooth appetizer that is quick and easy to prepare. Canned salmon is blended with dairy-free cream cheese style spread, then onion, lemon juice, pecans and parsley are added to the mixture. It's a tasty appetizer that is good served on crackers or toasted bread. This is a palate pleasing appetizer to serve at a party.
If you are not concerned with being dairy-free, you can use cream cheese. I used Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese Style Spread. I was surprised at the flavor of the Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese Style Spread. When I opened the first package I purchased, it smelled a lot like cream cheese. The flavor is similar to cream cheese. Neither my husband nor I notice that the Salmon Spread is made with a vegan cream cheese style spread instead of cream cheese.
The Salmon Spread should be refrigerated for a few hours, or overnight, so that the flavors blend. If you prefer to serve the spread as a 2-inch log, shape it then wrap it in foil and freeze it for 24-hours. Defrost in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving.
I hope you enjoy the Dairy-Free Salmon Spread!
- 16 ounces canned salmon
- 8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- Drain salmon and remove the skin and bones.
- Using a fork, mash the salmon.
- Using a fork, mash the salmon and dairy-free cream cheese together until blended.
- Stir in the lemon juice and onion.
- Add the pecans and half of the parsley.
- Put the mixture into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours so that the flavors blend.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or toasted bread.
Last updated on August 15th, 2019