Dairy-Free Pumpkin Walnut Bread is packed full of pumpkin and walnut flavors with a subtle hint of coconut. It's one of those quick breads that you just want to keep eating!
The Dairy-Free Pumpkin Walnut Bread is a moist, delicious quick bread that is great served as a breakfast treat, a dessert or snack. This quick bread has the commonly used autumn flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. It would be a tasty addition to your Thanksgiving feast. It's a yummy quick bread to take to any fall parties, too.
I found this recipe on the Rachael Ray site. She's one of my favorites! It's an easy recipe to make and the quick bread freezes well, too!
I hope you enjoy the Dairy-Free Pumpkin Walnut Bread!
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Walnut Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease and coat a loaf pan with flour. Line the bottom of the loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a bowl large enough for the dry ingredients, whisk the flour, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough for all ingredients, whisk together the coconut oil, egg and pumpkin. This mixture will be a little thick.
- Stir in about 1/2 of the dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Then, stir in the remaining dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 60-70 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the top comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack, in the loaf pan, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the Dairy-Free Pumpkin Walnut Bread from the loaf pan and cool completely before serving.
Last updated on August 15th, 2019