Dairy-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies are a soft, moist cookie full of pumpkin flavor. The chocolate chips add a bit of sweetness. They go great with a cold glass of milk! I didn't want to stop eating them! These cookies would make a nice addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table!
The recipe is quick and easy to make. I found this pumpkin cookie recipe on the Spend with Pennies site. I altered the recipe slightly so that it is dairy-free.
Make sure that you use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix. If you aren't concerned with being dairy-free you can use butter and chocolate chips instead of the vegan butter and dairy-free chocolate chips. If dairy-free chocolate chips are not readily available in your area, you can omit them and have a yummy pumpkin cookie.
I hope you enjoy the Dairy-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl large enough for the dry ingredients, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the vegan butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add the vanilla, egg and pumpkin puree. to the vegan butter mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet about two-inches apart. I like to use a cookie scoop and a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Refrigerate the cookies for about 15-30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and slightly press down on the cookie. The batter will be a little sticky. I've used the bottom of a glass as well as a tablespoon to slightly press down the cookies.
- Bake in a preheated oven 14-16 minutes or until the cookies are browning a little around the edges.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet 2-5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack and cool completely before serving.
Last updated on August 15th, 2019