Dairy-Free Caramel Cinnamon Cookies are a crunchy caramel cookie with a subtle hint of cinnamon. The dough is formed into a log, refrigerated, sliced then baked. They are a delicious cookie.
Once the dough is mixed, it is placed on plastic wrap and formed into a log about 2-inches in diameter. The dough is covered with the plastic wrap and refrigerated at least 20-minutes, or overnight. The chilled dough is sliced in about 1/18-inch thick cookies then baked. The weight of the dough might reshape your round log into an oval log, which always happens to me. My cookies end up oval shaped. The cookies are yummy either way! I did get round cookies when I sliced the cookies, formed the slice into a ball then flattened it. That was too much work for me, so I have oval cookies! 🙂
These cookies are dairy-free, but if you are not concerned with being dairy-free, then you can use butter instead of vegan butter.
I hope you enjoy!
Dairy-Free Caramel Cinnamon Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 jumbo egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Scrape the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form a log about 2-inches in diameter.
- Completely wrap the dough and refrigerate until firm, at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice the dough into about 1/8-inch thick cookies and place them about 1-inch apart on a silicone baking mat lined cookie sheet, or spray a cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- In a preheated oven, bake the cookies 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.