Dairy-Free Apple Cake is a moist cake, full of apples and is good served with or without icing. The cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice make it reminiscent of autumn. It would be a delicious dessert to have with your Thanksgiving dinner.
I frost the cake with Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting Substitute, which adds sweetness and a bit of a tang to this yummy cake. It also keeps the cake dairy-free!
I like to use granny smith apples when baking because they add a crisp, tart flavor. However, you can use the type of apples you prefer, or use a blend of apples.
After the cake has cooled, I remove it from the pan then add the frosting. You could leave it in the pan, if you prefer and just frost the top of the cake.
This recipe is good as cupcakes, and it freezes well, too!
I hope you enjoy!
Dairy-Free Apple Cake with Icing
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups apples. peeled and chopped I use granny smith. You can use your preferred type of apple.
- 4 cups Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Icing Substititue See my post for the Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Icing Substititue.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold the ingredients, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and allspice. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all of the ingredients, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture. The mixture will be thick,
- Stir in the chopped apples. The apples will add moisture and cause the batter to thin a little.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a pick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Remove the cake from the pan.
- Frost with my Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting Substitute.