Curry Chicken salad is a crunchy, flavorful chicken salad. It is delicious served on bread, a lettuce leaf or just eaten by itself.
This recipe uses fat-free plain Greek Yogurt, which contains less fat than mayonnaise and gives you a different flavor. It is also low in lactose and might be tolerable by some people who are lactose intolerant. My husband, Jeff is lactose-intolerant and he can eat this dish made with fat-free plain Greek yogurt. If you prefer to make this recipe dairy-free, then you can substitute the same quantity of mayo for yogurt. Make the best choice for your personal dietary needs.
This is an easy dish to prepare. You whisk the yogurt and spices then pour over the cooked, cubed chicken breast, apples and celery and stir to coat the chicken. You can substitute turkey for the chicken, if you prefer. Both chicken and turkey are equally as good.
I like the crunch that the apples and celery give this chicken salad. The curry and lemon give the dish a fresh, light flavor.
I hope you enjoy the Chicken Curry Salad!
Curry Chicken Salad
- 5.3 ounces fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups apple, peeled and diced I prefer Granny Smith apples.
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- Whisk together the yogurt, onion, parsley, curry powder, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the chicken, apple and celery in a large bowl.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the chicken mixture and stir to coat all ingredients well.
- I like to let the mixture rest at least an hour so the spices all blend, but you can enjoy it immediately, if you prefer.
- I hope you enjoy!