Crunchy Garlic Chicken has a crunchy garlic crumb coating and is moist and juicy on the inside. It is a quick and easy entrée to prepare. Jeff liked this recipe, so we have another "keeper".
I like trying different coatings for chicken. Sometimes I will go to my pantry and just grab what catches my eye. Fortunately, what I come up with usually isn't too bad. For this recipe, I used Nabisco's Wheat Thins crackers in my coating. I put them in a food processor and chopped them until there was some very fine crumbs but still some small pieces of crackers so that we would have a bit of a crunch.
I hope you enjoy the Crunchy Garlic Chicken!
Crunchy Garlic Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 40 Wheat Thins crackers
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 jumbo eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a food processor, chop the Wheat Thins until they are a mix of small crumbs and fine crumbs.
- In a bowl large enough to coat chicken, put the cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons garlic, onion, parsley, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl large enough to coat chicken, put the flour and 4 tablespoons of granulated garlic. Mix well.
- In another bowl large enough to coat chicken, beat the eggs.
- Dip the chicken in the flour mixture, then the eggs, then the cracker mixture. Make sure the chicken is coated well at each step.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish.
- Bake 350F for 30-40 minutes, or until done.