Crispy Oven Baked Fries are easy to make and are a delicious side dish. The fries are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. A soak in cold water helps to make the outside of the fries crispy.
After washing the potatoes, peel them then slice into wedges. If you prefer, you can leave the peeling on. As you slice into wedges, drop the wedges into cold water. I like to get the fries cut well before the meal so that I can focus on the rest of the meal and just have the baking of the fries to do. I leave them soaking in the cold water so they don't brown.
When I am ready to bake the french fries, I drain them, then put them on a lightly greased baking sheet. I don't pat them dry so they are a little crispy. Lightly salt the french fries then bake them. After about 20 minutes, turn them and add a little more salt then continue to bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until done.
I hope you enjoy!
Crispy Oven Baked Steak Fries
- 2 large potatoes, raw, baking-variety
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, or use a silicone mat.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. You can leave the skins on, if you prefer.
- Cut the potatoes into long wedges, about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Place potato wedges in cold water making sure they are fully submerged.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, then flip the potatoes over and sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown.