Crispy Old Bay Wonton Wrappers are a quick and easy snack to make. They are a crunchy snack with a light Old Bay Seasoning flavor. Crispy Old Bay Wonton Wrappers are a crunchy appetizer to make for a party and would keep football fans snacking at a Super Bowl party.
Wonton Wrappers are sliced into fourths, placed on a lightly greased baking sheet, lightly sprayed with cooking spray then Old Bay Seasoning is sprinkled onto them and then they are baked for a few minutes. Quick and easy! They do brown quickly, so keep an eye on them.
I have also made Crispy Wontons using a Garlic-Pepper blend, Italian Seasoning and Salt as well as Granulated Garlic and Salt. All three alternatives make a tasty snack or appetizer. You can get creative and use the spices of your choice.
Crispy Old Bay Wonton Wrappers can be made a day or two ahead of an event. I've made them just for myself and they were still crispy several days later. So, making them in advance is not an issue.
I prefer to quarter the Wonton wrappers so that they are smaller triangles, which makes them more bite size. You could leave the Wonton wrappers as they come packaged in squares, cut them in half or in quarters.
I hope you enjoy!
Crispy Old Bay Wonton Wrappers
- 20 wonton wrappers They will be quartered, so you will end up with 80-small triangles.
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning or your favorite spice or spice blend
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Stack a few wonton wrappers on a cutting board then slice them on a diagonal, corner to corner twice, so that you have four smaller triangle-shaped pieces. Repeat until all wonton wrappers are cut into smaller triangles.
- Lay the wonton wrappers out on baking sheet. They can be crowded on the baking sheet, there is no need to place them with space between them.
- Lightly spray the tops of the wonton wrappers with cooking spray.
- Lightly sprinkle the top of the wonton wrappers with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Bake for about 5-minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Repeat until all wonton wrappers are baked.