Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a moist, creamy, buttery cake with a crunchy topping. It is heavy and dense, but oh so delicious! I love to warm a slice in the microwave for a few seconds. Yum!
Mom made this Cream Cheese Pound Cake for me for my birthday for most of my adult life. I never made this cake until after Mom passed away. She always made it for me, so there was no need for me to make it. 😉 She did tell me the secret to baking this cake successfully, though. Mom's tip - all ingredients must be room temperature. So, I make sure all ingredients are room temperature before I bake this cake.
A elegant British woman, Alex, gave this recipe to my Mom. Alex was a WWII war bride, so that is a good indicator at the age of this recipe.
Mom would bake this cake in either an Angel Food Cake pan or a Bundt pan. I've baked it in both and they work equally as well.
I usually slice this cake into individual servings and freeze at least half of it. When I want a piece of this cake, I take it out of the freezer and do a quick defrost in the microwave. The cake is then a little warm. It is even better when it is slightly warm.
I hope you enjoy the Cream Cheese Pound Cake!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 2 sticks margarine Must be room temperature before using.
- 1 stick butter Must be room temperature before using.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened Must be room temperature before using.
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 jumbo eggs Must be room temperature before using.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease an Angel Food Cake pan.
- Cream margarine, butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Incorporating well after each addition.
- Add flour and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared Angel Food Cake pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool completely and remove from pan.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar.
Last updated on August 15th, 2019