Coriander-Maple Glazed Carrots are mildly sweet baked carrots with a hint of coriander. The carrots are tossed in an oil and coriander glaze, then baked. After baking, they are tossed in pure maple syrup, lime zest and lime juice.
I found this recipe on the Country Living site. The original recipe calls for rainbow carrots. I used plain, orange carrots, probably the type most people think of when they hear the word "carrots".
The original recipe calls for cutting the carrots in quarters, I cut them using the oblique or roll cut, which means the carrots pieces are round. Cutting carrots in this manner gives you a larger surface area for glazing.
Another Glazed Carrots recipe that I like uses honey, butter, brown sugar and lemon juice to flavor the carrots. This recipe calls for boiling the carrots then adding the seasoning.
I hope you enjoy the Coriander-Maple Glazed Carrots!
Coriander-Maple Glazed Carrots
- 2 1/2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lime zest or lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Lightly spray one or two large rimmed baking sheet(s) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wash, peel and slice carrots then place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, coriander, salt and pepper to the carrots and toss to combine.
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet(s) in a single layer.
- Bake the carrots in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until tender, rotating the pans after about 10-minutes.
- Place the carrots in a large bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, lime zest and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Serve hot.