Coconut Pecan Cookies are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The coconut flavor along with the crunchy pecans makes these cookies a little addictive for me!
The Coconut Pecan Cookies are rolled in cinnamon-sugar, similar to Snickerdoodles. They look a little like Snickerdoodles, too. A few months ago, I made Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. They are a soft cookie. Check them out sometime.
I was recently in my local grocery store and saw Coconut Pecan Cookies in the bakery. It has been many years since I had these cookies, so I was motivated to bake some. I found this recipe on the Just a Pinch site. They are as good as I remember!
The recipe calls for rolling the cookies into balls about the size of a walnut. I use a small cookie scoop to measure the cookie dough, then I roll them into balls by hand. I like using a cookie scoop because the cookies are more uniform in size and it is a little less messy than using a spoon.
The last step before baking these cookies is rolling them in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. I finish one or more cookie sheets full of the balls before I roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. It is less messy that way. I use a tablespoon to roll each cookie in the cinnamon-sugar mixture then I gently pick it up and shake off any excess cinnamon-sugar. Using the spoon to coat the balls reduces some of the mess on my hands.
I hope you enjoy the Coconut Pecan Cookies!
Coconut Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon-Sugar for coating cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or use silicone mats. Set aside.
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar to make the cinnamon-sugar coating. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the coconut and pecans then mix well.
- Roll the cookie dough into about one-inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture then place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 11-13 minutes or until the cookies are browning around the edges.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes then move to cooling racks to cool completely.