Coconut Chocolate Chip Bread is a delicious, not too sweet, quick bread. The outside is crunchy with a moist inside. It has a mild coconut flavor and is full of chocolate chips.
I found this recipe on the Alice and the Mock Turtle Site. I slightly modified the recipe to use bittersweet chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips so that my husband could enjoy this bread. Bittersweet chocolate chips can be tolerated by some individuals with a lactose intolerance. Please do what is best for your dietary needs.
This recipe makes two loaves. Plenty to share or freeze for later! When making quick breads, I like to use my Pampered Chef Loaf Pan and a Ceramic Loaf Pan my cousin Debbie sent me. They both have a crispy crust.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Bread goes well with a hot cup of tea. It makes a nice breakfast treat or snack.
I hope you enjoy!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Bread
- 4 jumbo eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, dairy-free
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease two loaf pans.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat on medium speed for about two minutes.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and coconut milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the loaves to cool in the pans before removing.