Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread is a vanilla bread with a cinnamon-sugar-pecan mixture in the center of the bread. The flavor of the bread is similar to a cinnamon roll. It is good served as a breakfast treat, as part of a brunch or as a dessert.
This recipe was given to me by a former colleague along with several other quick bread recipes, such as the Spiced Apple Walnut Quick Bread. Jeff and I have enjoyed all of the quick bread recipes that she shared with me.
The pecans in this recipe came from Sunnyland Farms. I have been purchasing nuts from Sunnyland Farms for many years and have always been pleased with my purchases.
I hope you enjoy the Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread!
Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the filling ingredients. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing well each time.
- Add the vanilla and milk then beat until well blended.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients. Beat well after each addition.
- Pour half of the batter in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Pour the cinnamon-pecan mixture over the batter.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Place loaf pan in a preheated oven. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool one hour in the pan.
- Remove the bread to a wire rack and cool completely before serving.
- If you want a glaze on your bread, mix the powdered sugar and water until smooth. Drizzle over the bread once it is removed from the loaf pan.