Chocolate Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies are made with oatmeal, quinoa, peanut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder and salt. No flour, no eggs! They are quick and easy to make.
These cookies make a filling afternoon snack and pick me up. The healthy ingredients make it a good breakfast on the go, too. One or two of these cookies and a cup of tea is a filling breakfast for me.
The flavor of these cookies remind me of Raggedy Robins, also known as a Boiled Cookie. The texture of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies comes from the quinoa as opposed to the Raggedy Robins where the texture comes from the oatmeal. The quinoa cookies are a little dryer, similar to the moisture level you would find in a granola bar.
I found this recipe on the Spruce Eats site. The original recipe instructs you to drop the cookie batter onto a baking sheet in large spoonfuls. I used a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop. The cookie scoop makes a small mound. For me, these cookies do not spread out when baking. I used the bottom of a glass to the flatten the cookies a little bit.
This recipe also expects the quinoa to be cooked prior to making the recipe. I started the quinoa cooking then gathered the rest of my ingredients. I added the quinoa hot to the rest of the ingredients. It softened the peanut butter and seemed to help the ingredients blend better.
I hope you enjoy the Chocolate Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies
- 2 cups cooked quinoa I cook the quinoa then use it hot in this recipe.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal Quick cooking oatmeal is ok, too.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray or line with silicone mats. Set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Drop by a rounded tablespoon or a cookie scoop onto a prepared baking sheet. I use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Slightly flatten the cookies with the bottom of a glass or your hand.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookies are lightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Place cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.