Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread is a chocolatey bread with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips inside then topped with chopped peanuts. It makes a nice breakfast treat, a snack or served as part of a brunch.
I used Reese's Peanut Butter Chips in this bread. The first time I made this bread, I used a different brand of peanut butter chips that came packaged with both peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. The peanut butter chips dissolved when I used them in this bread. I was quite disappointed.
So, I thought I'd try this quick bread again with Reese's brand peanut butter chips. The Reese's brand did not dissolve, they stayed intact. Yeah! Reese's is the brand for me!
This quick bread recipe, and many others, was given to me by a former colleague. Another one of the recipes is also a chocolate quick bread, Chocolate Nut and Date Bread. The chocolate bread is the same as in this recipe but instead of peanut butter chips inside and chopped peanuts on top, this bread includes dates and nuts inside.
I store the bread in the refrigerator wrapped in wax paper then foil. The bread lasts us about a week stored in the refrigerator. It freezes well, too.
I hope you enjoy the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream You can substitute greek yogurt.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan.
- Spread the chopped peanuts on top of the batter.
- Place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake 60-70 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in loaf pan for about an hour. Remove the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.