Chocolate Nut and Date Bread is full of chocolate chips, nuts and dates. It is good served as a breakfast treat, a snack or as part of a brunch buffet.
Chocolate Nut and Date Bread is similar to my dairy-free Chocolate Quick Bread post. I added dates and clove to the Chocolate Quick Bread and used dairy products instead of dairy-free products.
A colleague gave me these recipes and a few other chocolate quick bread recipes many years ago. We have enjoyed these quick breads over the years.
This bread gets the chocolate flavor from cocoa. I use Hershey's cocoa in any recipes that calls for cocoa. It's a brand that I trust and have been using for many years.
I hope you enjoy the Chocolate Nut and Date Bread!
Chocolate Nut and Date Bread
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream You can substitute greek yogurt.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped Pecans are good, too.
- 3/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake 60-70 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in loaf pan for about an hour. Remove the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.