Chicken with Peanuts is a quick and easy meal to prepare. The chicken is tender and flavorful. The peanuts give the dish some crunch. I serve it over Basmati Rice but you can serve it over your favorite rice. Add a side salad or steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
I found this recipe on the Allrecipes site. It is called Denise's Peanut Chicken. I slightly altered the recipe to use ingredients that I usually have on hand. I also did not chop the peanuts and also cut the quantity of peanuts used in half.
I'm not a fan of bell peppers. Jeff does like them, so instead of omitting them from the recipe, I add a small amount. Jeff ends up with the peppers on his plate! If you are a fan of bell peppers, you could increase the quantity of peppers in the dish.
The recipe calls for Chicken Stock. I make my own, but you can purchase stock from a grocery store, if you prefer.
Chicken with Peanuts is a hit with Jeff! He takes leftovers for lunch. It warms up nicely, too.
I hope you enjoy the Chicken with Peanuts!
Chicken with Peanuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or your preferred oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper You can add more red bell pepper if you like.
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Chop the red bell pepper. Set aside.
- Chop the onion. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or a wok.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook until the juices run clear.
- Add the red bell pepper and onion then continue to cook until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix the chicken broth, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, cayenne pepper, ginger, parsley and cornstarch.
- Add the chicken broth mixture to the skillet. Stir to combine. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the peanuts then stir to combine.
- Serve over your favorite rice.