Chicken Piccati is a simple, breaded chicken breast. Chicken breasts pounded to 1/4-inch thick are coated with a breadcrumb, cheese, parsley and garlic coating, drizzled with butter then baked.
This recipe was on of the recipes that my Aunt Jane had her daughter, Debbie, mail to me. Aunt Jane noted that this recipe was my mother's. I haven't run across this recipe in Mom's recipe file yet.
When making this recipe, I used Progresso Italian Style bread crumbs. You can use plain bread crumbs, or another flavored variety.
A breaded chicken breast recipe that requires a little more effort is Chicken Kiev. A pounded chicken breast is rolled with a butter mixture inside then breaded and baked.
I hope you enjoy Chicken Piccati!
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag or between plastic wrap then pound chicken breasts to about 1/4-inch thick. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roll each chicken breast in the bread mixture.
- Place each chicken breast into the baking dish.
- Melt the butter then drizzle over the chicken breasts.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.