Chicken Alfredo is a creamy dish prepared in a skillet. Chicken and pasta smothered in a white sauce is comfort food at its best.
Bite-sized pieces of chicken are cooked in a skillet. Once the chicken is cooked, chicken broth and milk are added to the skillet, which makes the white sauce. Next, the uncooked pasta is added. The pasta cooks in the white sauce. After the pasta is done, heavy cream and Parmesan Cheese are added to finish off the dish. Yum!
Jeff likes pasta covered with a white sauce, so, this Chicken Alfredo dish is a good meal to prepare for him. He is a happy camper when I make this meal.
If you like a white sauce and seafood, check out Seafood Lasagna. It is shrimp, imitation crab, spinach and cheeses layered between lasagna noodles all coated in a white sauce. It's another favorite for Jeff.
I hope you enjoy the Chicken Alfredo!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces pasta You can use your favorite pasta, such as penne or fetuccini.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until cooked through.
- Add the milk, broth and garlic to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer then add the pasta. Stir frequently. Cook until al dente.
- Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with parsley.