Cauliflower Rice Casserole is a cheesy dish with lots of vegetables. Cauliflower rice, broccoli, carrots, corn and onions are combined with diced chicken, eggs, mozzarella cheese and some spices then placed in a casserole dish and topped with Mexican Cheese Blend. The casserole is baked then allowed to rest before serving. It is a filling dish that can serve a small crowd.
I have made some dishes with cauliflower rice, such as Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice and Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Both of those dishes are good but Cauliflower Rice Casserole is my favorite cauliflower rice dish so far. I like the blend of flavors and of course the cheesiness!
I wanted to try something new with cauliflower rice, so, I did some searching and found a recipe on the Isabel Eats site. Her recipe is the basis for my recipe. I altered her recipe by reducing the amount of chicken and adding more vegetables. My husband still commented on the casserole having lots of chicken in it. This casserole would be good without the chicken, if you prefer a meatless casserole.
This dish takes some time to prepare because of the cleaning and chopping of vegetables as well as the cooking and dicing of the chicken. It makes lots of leftovers for Jeff and me. We reheat a square in the microwave for a minute or so. It doesn't take too long to reheat. So, I spend one evening making the casserole then have dinner for several days.
I use frozen cauliflower rice. It is easier than buying a head of cauliflower and ricing it myself. When working with frozen cauliflower rice, I microwave it according to package directions then drain it on paper towels so that any excess moisture is removed. Make sure you drain the cauliflower rice so that your casserole doesn't have too much liquid.
I hope you enjoy the Cauliflower Rice Casserole!
Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 20 ounces cauliflower rice
- 2 cups broccoli, cooked and diced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese Blend, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lightly spray a 10x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the cooked chicken, cauliflower rice, broccoli, carrots, corn, onion, salt, garlic, melted butter and mozzarella cheese then stir to combine.
- Evenly spread the cauliflower rice mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the Mexican Cheese Blend over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the cheese on top has melted and is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.