Cauliflower Pizza Crust is a light alternative to a typical bread pizza crust. You won't taste the cauliflower with toppings on the crust. You can slightly taste the texture of the cauliflower rice.
A cauliflower pizza crust is interesting to me, so I did some searching and found a recipe by Katie Lee on the Food Network site. I slightly altered her recipe by using different cheeses. I like using a Mexican Cheese Blend on pizza, so I include it in my recipe. You can substitute your favorite cheese.
The crust is made from riced cauliflower. Riced cauliflower is raw cauliflower that is chopped into small pieces, about the size of a grain of rice. You can make your own cauliflower rice, or purchase it already riced in the frozen food section of your grocery store. There are a few varieties of frozen cauliflower rice. Some varieties are plain, others include spices. If I am not making my own, I purchase the plain cauliflower rice variety.
To make your cauliflower crust, first steam the cauliflower rice. Then, drain it and let it cool a little. I like to drain the cauliflower rice on a paper towel. After the cauliflower rice cools a little, mix it with the eggs, cheeses and spices.
Use your hands or the back of a wood spoon to spread the cauliflower mixture over the lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet. The cauliflower mixture should look similar to a bread style pizza crust. Next, bake the cauliflower crust without any toppings. Remove the crust from the oven, add your favorite toppings then return the pizza to the oven until the cheese melts. Remove the pizza from the oven then let it cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
If you have any leftover pizza, refrigerate it then reheat in the oven.
I hope you like this Cauliflower Pizza Crust!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 4 cups riced cauliflower You can buy in frozen food section of your grocery store, or make your own.
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Mexican Cheese Blend, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Lightly spray a 14-inch pizza pan or baking sheet with cooking spray.
- If you are making your own cauliflower rice, break a head of cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until the cauliflower is in small pieces about the size of rice.
- Steam the fresh or frozen cauliflower rice in a steamer basket.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the steamed and cooled cauliflower rice, beaten eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan, Mexican Cheese Blend, salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning until thoroughly blended.
- Place the cauliflower mixture to the prepared pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, or your hands, spread the cauliflower mixture over the pizza pan or baking sheet, like you would do with a bread-style pizza crust.
- Bake for 20-minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add your favorite tomato sauce and toppings.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10-minutes, or until your toppings are heated to your liking.
- Let cool about 5-minutes before cutting.
- Serve with a knife and fork.
Last updated on August 15th, 2019