Carrot Coconut Quick Bread is a moist quick bread that is full of shredded carrots, coconut flakes and nuts. This bread is good served as a breakfast treat, a snack, a dessert or as part of a brunch.
I used pecans when I made this bread for this post. Sometimes I use walnuts in my quick breads. I purchase nuts in bulk from Sunnyland Farms and have been happy with all of my purchases.
I store this bread, wrapped in wax paper then foil, in the refrigerator. A loaf of quick bread will last about a week for my husband and me. Carrot Coconut Quick Bread will also freeze well.
This recipe was given to me by a former colleague, along with several other quick bread recipes. If you like quick bread that is full of tasty tidbits, check out the Chocolate Nut and Date Bread. It has lots of nuts, chocolate chips and chopped dates.
I hope you enjoy the Carrot Coconut Quick Bread!
Carrot Coconut Quick Bread
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the shredded carrots, vegetable oil, yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, nuts, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the ingredients into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the quick bread for 55-65 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for about an hour on a wire rack.
- Remove the quick bread from the loaf pan and cool completely on a wire rack.