Breakfast Quesadillas are an easy meal to prepare. Scrambled eggs, onions, bacon and cheese are placed inside a flour tortilla then warmed in a skillet or on a griddle. They can be served with salsa and/or sour cream. Lately, we have been using Peach Mango Salsa with almost any dish that we use salsa. It adds a nice fruity sweetness to the meal.
Breakfast Quesadillas are filling and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I think we have them for dinner more often than we do for breakfast. You can get creative and substitute sausage for the bacon and/or add other vegetables like green peppers to your quesadillas.
Another quick and filling quesadilla that I like to make is a Turkey Quesadilla. It is one of my favorite lunches. I have never been a big fan of sandwiches because I prefer hot foods and the Turkey Quesadilla is like a hot sandwich to me.
I hope you enjoy the Breakfast Quesadilla!
- 6 jumbo eggs
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese Blend, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled You could use sausage, ham or Canadian bacon.
- 4 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 4 flour tortillas, 8-inches
- Salsa, to taste Optional
- Sour Cream, to taste Optional
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat the skillet over medium-heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the onions and eggs.
- Cook over medium heat until the onions are tender and the eggs are cooked through.
- Place the tortillas side by side on a cutting board.
- Evenly divide the eggs, bacon and cheese between the two tortillas. Place on one side of the tortillas.
- Fold the tortillas in half.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over low-heat.
- Place the quesadillas on the griddle or skillet and cook on each side until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is warm. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with salsa or sour cream, is desired.